Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Quick & Easy Chicken Noodle Soup

It's been quite cold and rainy here lately. And guess what. I've got a very bad cold! Boo hoo! ...But no, I'm not dying. Then why am I crying? Well, I'm afraid I might have lost my voice! My throat is so sore and my voice won't come out. It's been this way for almost a week. Ugh. It's really frustrating. I feel like the Little Mermaid when she lost her voice. Heck, at least she volunteered to exchange it for a pair of human legs, what do I get in exchange? Anyways. I'll survive. I'm going to warm myself up with some chicken noodle soup, which has the nutrients I need to stay strong while fighting away the cold.


Ingredients:

Boneless chicken, cut into bits
Vegetables (potato, carrot, celery, onion, whatever that's left in the fridge), peeled and chopped
Chicken broth or water
Egg noodles
Salt and pepper to season


Directions:

1. Cook chicken in a pot.
2. Add vegetables.
3. Pour in broth or water. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil then simmer until everything is tender.
4. Add noodles and boil another 7 minutes (or according to the package instruction).


Serve hot.

Nothing better than a bowl of hot chicken soup on a rainy day.


No comments:

Post a Comment