Sunday, December 4, 2011

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas


It's really beginning to look a lot like Christmas at Victoria Gardens, Rancho Cucamonga.
The ginormous Christmas tree in the main square has been lit up. So pretty, isn't it?


And there's also this little tiny house called Santa's Depot. Aww, how cute, right? This is where you can take a picture with Santa Claus, sit on his lap, and tell him what you want for Christmas this year. Don't forget to pay Santa's helper a few bucks at the door, though. Otherwise he won't let you in.



Anyhow. Here comes the Choo-Choo Monga Express train...
...choo choo!
After walking around the mall a bit and window shopping briefly we headed to Kabuki Japanese restaurant for dinner. We were starving, and my new high heels were killing me so I had to get in somewhere and take a seat ASAP. When we went inside the restaurant, it was so dark I could barely read the menu. That explains why the pictures from our dinner that night are not really in a good quality. These are what we ordered:
Katsu salad--I liked the dressing. It wasn't special or anything, but I liked it.
Sunkissed rolls (topped with salmon and avocado) and Vegas rolls (with cream cheese, smoked salmon, imitation crab meat, and avocados). I love salmon and rolls, so the combination of the two is just perfect. Yum! Kabuki's were just ordinary but still good.


When we left Kabuki, it was snowing. To be precise, the snowfall was just ending. Shoot, I had missed it again! Fake snow and Christmas carolers can be found on Fridays and Saturdays at 7pm and 8 pm through December 23. Snow fall takes place at Chaffey Town Square. FYI, it never snows down here in sunny southern California, so seeing a fake snowfall gives me delight. Yeah.


Then we hit the nearby Starbucks (the one just outside the mall) for a cup of coffee. I got one of Starbucks' Holiday Classics--Skinny Peppermint Mocha. It was just alright. Well, I only ordered it because it was 100 kcal. I'm on a diet...or at least I try.

When we were sitting outside by the fireplace, sipping our lattes, some weird guy (supposedly a bum) approached us. And stayed with us. It was very...strange. We were so creeped out. I've decided I'm not going back to that Starbucks again. By the way, a girl who was working there asked me where I got my shoes. I was really pleased. My feet weren't hurting anymore!
Anyway. Now that Christmas is just around the corner, I can really feel the holiday spirit everywhere. It's that time of the year again--the most wonderful time of the year!

No comments:

Post a Comment