Monday, October 10, 2011

A Sunny Day in Laguna Beach

I went to Laguna Beach with my friends two weekends ago. (Yes, two weekends ago. I'm posting this just now because I'm such a lazy bum.) We had a great time! The weather was so nice and sunny. It was hard to believe that summer was already ending. Well, it's October but I'm still too attached to summer! I know it's about time for me to let go. This post will be the closure between me and summer, haha.

Anyhow, here are the pictures (and some reviews) from a sunny day in Laguna Beach.




As soon as we got there, we faced an unfortunate conflict with a group of random people at the parking lot. Dun dun dun! Okay, I'm exaggerating, it was hardly a conflict. The parking lot was full so we were wandering around looking for an empty parking spot, and then we finally spotted one and were about to park there. Then, suddenly, some people just walked up and blocked our car with their bodies. They claimed, "we saw this spot first so you guys can't park here." I was like, are you kidding me? I mean, what kind of logic is that? And, boy, they were so stubborn. Since we are peace loving people and didn't want any parking lot drama, we didn't have a choice but to give up and find another place. That almost turned us into divas. Almost. Actually, we were a bit annoyed by those people at the parking lot, but that's not what really was bugging us. It was hunger. We were starving! We were just about to turn into 3 fierce divas. To prevent such disaster, we quickly went into the nearest restaurant--BJ's Restaurant & Brewhouse.

It was quite small. Much much less spacious than most other BJ's.
We ordered Chicken Fettucini Alfredo and a Half & Half Deep Dish Pizza (Barbecue Chicken and Great White).

Their Chicken Fettucini Alfredo was yummy. Not so different from other BJ's restaurants.
I loved their barbecue chicken pizza. I don't like cilantro, but it didn't bother me at all.
There is no picture of Great White pizza. In fact, I don't even remember eating it. What happened? All I remember is that I was starving and not myself.


After stuffing ourselves full, we finally came back to our own selves and headed to the beach.


The beach was beautiful. We had fun.




After having fun at the beach we decided to walk to our next destination--The Rooftop Lounge. It was quite hot and sunny, but we wanted to avoid another parking lot drama. We also thought it would be nice to look around as we walk on the street.



By the time we were starting to get tired of walking, we finally reached our destination.

The view was gorgeous. And...that was about it.
It was extremely sunny and hard to keep our eyes open. They didn't have enough parasols. As I write this I just realized that none of us remembered to put our sunglasses back on. I don't know why...Seriously, something must have gotten into us.

Anyhow, we ordered 3 glasses of mojito--one regular, one raspberry, and one virgin (obviously mine). $5 for mine and $12 for the others. Honestly, I wouldn't order them again. I didn't like the bartender. I wasn't even expecting friendliness, but I was expecting him to at least make decent mojitos. It was quite disappointing. Overall, the service was alright, but not great. Everyone seemed to be busy, maybe that's why, but still, this place is a little overrated in my humble opinion.

By the way, look at those teeny tiny salt and pepper dispensers. Aww, aren't they so cute?

And this is the last shot of the beach I took on the way back home.



Bye bye summer beaches...See ya next year!

2 comments:

  1. Wow everything looks delicious and Laguna Beach is beautiful! I'll have one of those mojitos pleeease! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment, Kelly!

    ReplyDelete