This is basically how I make paella with chicken and mussels. I'm not a paella expert, so any comments or tips on how to make a more delicious paella are always welcomed!
Onions, finely chopped
Salt and Pepper
1. Heat up broth with paprika (saffron is nice, but sadly not budget-friendly).
Preheat oven to 350ºF.
2. Season chicken with salt and pepper.
3. Place a pan over medium heat. Drizzle a little olive oil into the pan and add the chicken.
(My attempt to add some uncooked chorizo ended up with grease popping everywhere. So I guess you can just skip that part.)
4. When the chicken is cooked enough, add garlic, onions, and tomatoes. Cook them just until they become juicy.
5. In a paella pan (I don't have a paellera so I used a large oven pan), add broth, rice, chicken, and everything else.
6. Add a couple bay leaves and place it in the oven. Cook until the rice is almost al dente.
7. Add cleaned mussels and let cook until opened. Be careful not to overcook the mussels because they'll get all dried up.
Done! Take it out of the oven and serve. I think it's best served with sangria. Check out my Quick & Easy Moscato Sangria posting for the recipe.