Friday, September 16, 2011

Quick & Easy Sausage Risotto

























(If you're in a hurry, skip to the quick summary.)


I still had a lot of cooked rice left even after making the rice balls.
Seems like I just never run out of rice!
Well, it's one of the things that will never run out in an Asian home...
























Anyhow, making risotto is another great way to use up leftover rice. It's quick and easy, too!
You don't have to cook for too long when using the rice that has been already cooked.

So I searched my kitchen and found carrots, onions and some leftover sausages.
Oh, and also a can of tomatoes.
























First, I heated up some olive oil on a saucepan and added the onions and carrots.


When they got pretty soft, I threw in the sausages and the rice and stirred together.
























And then I added the whole can of tomatoes (chopped, with juice) and stirred.
























I brought it to a boil and let it simmer for a few minutes.
Then I added salt and pepper to taste and stirred again for a little.
























I could find some dried herbs so I added them a little. (It's pretty optional, though.)

Now it's ready to serve!
























Yum!



Alright, so here's the whole recipe in a short summary, for those who are in a hurry.


Ingredients (for 4 people):

2 links cooked sausage
3 cups cooked rice
1 onion
1 carrot (or any vegetable of your choice)
1 can tomatoes, whole peeled or diced
2 tablespoons of olive oil
A pinch of salt and pepper to season
Some herbs, dried or fresh


Directions:

1. You know the drill. Chop chop chop!
Peel and finely chop the onions and carrots. Cut the sausage into small chunks.
If you don't have crushed or diced tomatoes, chop them too.
2. Place a saucepan over medium heat, then drizzle with the oil. Sauté the veggies.
3. Add sausages and rice and stir a little.
4. Add the tomatoes and the juice from the can. Bring to a boil, then simmer for a few minutes.
Stir and add some water if needed.
5. Add some herbs (optional) and serve.








No comments:

Post a Comment