Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Quick & Easy Salmon Patties


I was cleaning out the kitchen cupboard, and there were just too many canned foods.
I'm going to start using them up, starting with the canned salmon.



Ingredients (8 patties):

2 cans salmon
3 eggs
1/2 large onion, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 tablespoon garlic & herb powder
1/2 cup bread crumbs
Salt
Pepper
Olive oil




  

 
Directions:

1. In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients except the olive oil and mix well.
2. Shape the mixture into 8 small balls.
3. Heat a generous amount of olive oil on a pan.
Place the balls on the pan and gently press them.
4. Cook until brown.




  

Now it's ready to serve!
























 
With 2 cans of salmon, I made 8 patties, which is enough for a family of four (2 for everyone).
Well, some families may need more than that, though.




























 
 

2 comments:

  1. I love salmon patties and most kids seem to enjoy them, too. My patties often fall apart but I notice you use 3 eggs compared to my regular 1. Will try it your way next time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment! I also had the same problem when I used 2 eggs.

    ReplyDelete