Thursday, September 15, 2011

Quick & Easy Rice Balls


I had a lot of leftover cooked rice and wanted to use it up for lunch,
because I just HATE letting food go to waste!
So I decided to make rice balls with some of the ingredients in my fridge.


Ingredients:

Cooked rice
Salt
Dried roasted seaweed
Cooked ham
Finely grated carrots
Hard-boiled eggs
Sesame oil
Sesame seeds

(Rice is the main ingredient for this recipe. Others are optional.
Which means, you need a lot of cooked rice and a little bit of other stuff,
and you can replace them with whatever ingredient you prefer.)


Directions:

1. Prepare the ingredients! Quickly fry the grated carrots on a saucepan.
Finely dice the ham. Crumble the seaweed mercilessly.
Just smash the hard-boiled eggs or chop them into little tiny bits.
2. In a large bowl, mix cooked rice and all other stuff together.
Add a little bit of salt, sesame oil and seeds as you mix.
3. Shape the mixture into little balls and serve.


That's it! Easy breezy.
I think they could have looked better if I chopped the ingredients into smaller bits. Oh well.


And these are the rice balls I made about a week ago.
I used fewer ingredients (no carrots and eggs) so it took me even less time.



No comments:

Post a Comment