Another very basic and delicious recipe to serve with leftover rice!
This is not the original Indian style curry. I guess it's Japanese/Korean, and it's known as "kare."
It's thick and not too spicy.
Meat (optional, if you want to go vegan)
Shiitake mushrooms (optional)
1. Chop chop chop! Chop all the ingredients.
For the meat...I prefer pork, but beef is fine as well.
This time I only had sausages. They're okay but they can be a little salty, though.
By the way, it's pretty optional but I really like to add shiitake mushrooms.
I love the texture and I think they just give it a little more flavor!
2. Heat a generous amount of olive oil in a large pot over medium heat and add the ingredients.
2. While they're being cooked, mix curry powder with some water. Mix them well!
Don't add too much water yet.
I bought my curry powder at the Korean market.
(I can't really tell the difference in taste between Japanese and Korean curry. I just know that Korean curry is yellow and Japanese curry is brown...)
3. When the ingredients are fully cooked, add the mixture. Add more water to adjust thickness.
Add more curry powder if needed. Let it simmer for a few minutes.
4. Now just get the cooked rice ready,
pour the curry over rice, and serve!
Since I'm Korean I think it's best served with kimchi. Or something similar.
You may (and you will) end up with a lot of curry.
When I was little my mom would make a big pot of curry and it would be on our table for days...
But it's really good and I never get tired of them!